07 September 2006

Preppy Pick - Silk Knot Earrings by Bhati Beads

I was in CK Bradley looking for a back to-school tote bag when I happened upon this week's Preppy Pick. I was all set with my purchases and browsing the little accessories case by the register when some adorable earrings caught my eye.

The Preppy Pick of the week: silk knot earrings by Bhati Beads.I'm sure you've seen silk knots worn as cufflinks by the dapper men in your lives, but why should the boys get to have all the fun?

Designer Margaret Maggard hand makes these earrings in all sorts of colors and combinations. This is a photo from the Bhati Beads website that shows some of the colorful choices.I went for the light green and I'm happy about it.Size-wise the knots are about the same as the pearls I wear everyday. I'd guess these earrings measure about 10mm -- not too big, not too small; they're a perfect stud size.

Best of all, they're reasonably priced at just $28 a pair. Given the cuteness, the comfort, and the price tag I'm definitely going back for more.

***As a special promotion for blog readers Bhati Beads is offering 10% off your purchases for the month of September. To redeem the discount, enter "MCM" in the comments code on the checkout page -- they'll email you back your new, lower total.***

Here's the direct link to the earrings. Let me know what colors and combos you go for. Happy shopping!